Monday, July 14, 2014

I-800 Approval!

Things are still insanely busy around here but this momma is not complaining! We've been shopping, preparing Lia's room, and finishing up the last of the paperwork. Honestly, it's been a BLAST! 

The biggest news though is that today we received verbal approval from the USCIS for Lia Grace to become a US citizen as soon as she lands on US soil. Woohoo! Yep, she even has a few choices in outfits for that glorious moment already-ha! 

I called last Friday to check in and our immigration officer was the one to answer my call. Thank you, God! She checked their system, explained the process and where our file was in it, and told me that she anticipated being able to approve our request on Monday, but to call her after lunch on Monday. So, that's exactly what I did. :) When I called today I spoke to a different officer and she said, "It was approved today and will be forwarded to the NBC (National Benefits Center) tomorrow." We will receive a paper copy as well as our agency too. Phew! 

I'm beyond thrilled knowing that with each step completed we are even closer to holding Lia in our arms. Cannot. Wait. Soooo in love with our little empress! 

Hang on baby girl, your family is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment